How friendly is your business schol part 2: the survey
If I was going to create a survey on how friendly is your business school I would ask focus on two areas: the school environment, current students and alumni. The survey would show applicants impressions of business school friendliness rather than the reality that students experience. I’ve outlined some of the questions I would ask below.
- Is friendliness of students or alumni mentioned in objectives or mission statement of the school?
- Does the school provide opportunities to interact with the alumni/current students at admissions events?
- Do the admission office respond to getting in contact queries quickly?
- Does the business school make it easy to contact current students or recent alumni?
Current students and Alumni
- Is it easy to find the right person to contact in the clubs your interested in?
- How quickly do they respond to emails?
- We’re the answers to your questions helpful?
- Do they offer an opportunity to talk over Skype etc?
- Do they offer further support or assistance?
- Are the alumni engaging with potential students? Do they provide a balanced view?
- Do conversations avoid catch phrases like transformational, game changing?
The easiest way would be to recruit MBA applicants and get them to rank the schools they applied based on the criteria above based on their experience. The other way would be to recruit individuals and undertake some mystery shopping on a range of schools.
What questions would you like in a survey? Would you put more emphasis on the experience when applicants visit campus or the views of current students?
- How friendly is your business school? (sarahmbajourney.wordpress.com)