GMAT number4: the answer
In my last post I posed four questions to myself to help me answer my GMAT dilemma.
- Which of the three business schools do I want to apply for?
- How do they view my GMAT score?
- Do I really want to make February study month?
- Which exam should I sit if any?
Let me take them in reverse order.
Which exam should I sit if any?
I do not want to sit the GMAT again any time soon. Why? I hear you ask. Well I have this holiday to the States coming up in March and I can better spend the 250 dollar fee on my holiday. Plus ,to move my score I think I need to put in two to three months worth of study. What’s even worse I’m not convinced how much of a difference that will make. Last time I spent a month studying maths and my score hardly moved.
So no GMAT then. However I would sit IE’s entrance exam if required as it sounds a lot more practical, and my studying for GMAT should hold me in good stead.
Do I really want to make February study month?
Not really; I’m liking my free time. I like having evenings and mornings back to myself.
Which of the three business schools do I want to apply for & how will they view my GMAT score?
I’m not applying HEC as I don’t have the minimum score and the school is not enough of a driver to make me resit the GMAT.
I still need to finalise my thoughts on the other two schools, IE and IESE. I’m finding out a bit more about IE tomorrow and I will make my decision after that about whether I want to apply to IE and sit their admissions test. While for IESE I’m waiting to hear back from them.